The Private Equity & Venture Capital Breakfast is an annual event that is sponsored and hosted through the joint cooperation of Pedersen & Partners and CMS. The event will bring together senior decision makers from Private Equity, mezzanine & venture funds, asset managers, financial institutions, advisory firms, family offices, and portfolio companies.
The purpose of this event is to bring together investment professionals to discuss and share experiences and comments regarding the current industry climate and future developments.
Bruno Pastore – Client Partner & Country Manager Italy, Pedersen & Partners
Paolo Scarduelli – Partner, CMS
Marzia Bartolomei Corsi – Senior Partner, Fondo Italiano d'Investimento SGR
Marco Carotenuto – Managing Director and Board Member, Clessidra Private Equity
Giuseppe Donvito – Partner, P101
Valentina Franceschini – Partner, Wise Equity
Andrea Mazzucato – Managing Partner, 21 Invest
Giorgio Mercogliano – Managing Partner, Equinox
Francesco Orsi – Managing Director, Eurazeo
Fausto Rinallo – Founding Partner, Ethica Group
Mauro Roversi – Founding Partner and Chief Investment Officer, Ambienta
Panel discussion topics:
- Recent developments and trends in M&A in Italy – including deal-flow, valuations, fund raising, availability of credit for leveraged financing, exit strategies, and co-investments.
- High opportunity sectors and market segments – FinTech, renewable energy, Life Sciences, IoT, artificial intelligence, e-commerce, EdTech, ESG (Environmental, Social, and Governance) investing.
- Value creation – portfolio management strategies, turnaround and change management, the importance of human capital in due diligence, succession planning and key talent retention, disconnect between deal valuations and company performance.
- External factors – how will the mounting global energy, climate and cost-of-living crises as well as high interest rates, a looming financial crisis and the ongoing war in Ukraine affect investor, lender, borrower, produce and consumer behaviours?
- Fund raising environment – who are the main sources of inbound capital: institutional investors, family offices, corporate ventures, sovereign wealth funds, multilaterals, funds of funds?
- Outbound investment destinations – what jurisdictions or regions have the highest potential in: EU, UK, Americas, Africa, and Asia Pacific.