The Private Equity & Venture Capital Breakfast is an annual event that is sponsored and hosted through the joint cooperation of Pedersen & Partners and CMS. This is the second event held in Zurich and will bring together senior decision makers from Private Equity, mezzanine & venture funds, asset managers, financial institutions, advisory firms, family offices, and portfolio companies.
The purpose of this event is to bring together investment professionals to discuss and share experiences and comments regarding the current industry climate and future developments.
"Zunfthaus zur Zimmerleuten"
"Large Guild Room"
The panel discussion will be held in English and will be moderated by:
Daniel Jenny – Partner, CMS von Erlach Partners
Poul Pedersen – Executive Chairman, Pedersen & Partners
Sebastian Becker – Partner, Redalpine Venture Partners
Marc Erni – Partner Direct Investments, Verium
Matthias Fehr – Head of Private Equity, HBM Partners
Christian Fuessinger – Managing Partner, Helvetica Capital
Gaël Jacquemettaz – Head Private Equity & Mid-Market M&A, UBS Switzerland
Jan Kollros – Managing Partner, Bellevue adbodmer
Roumyana Schnettler – Partner, capiton
- Recent developments and trends in Swiss M&A – including deal-flow, valuations, fund raising, availability of credit for leveraged financing, exit strategies, co-investments;
- High opportunity sectors and market segments – Internet of Things, Artificial Intelligence, eCommerce, FinTech, Life Sciences, Environmental Social and Governance (ESG), EdTech;
- Value creation – portfolio management & asset class strategies, turnaround and change management, succession planning, talent retention, disconnect between valuations and company performance;
- Majority vs. minority stakes held by PE funds – comments on pros and cons and how this affects strategy;
- How will the mounting global energy, climate and cost-of-living crises as well as the ongoing war in Ukraine affect investor, producer and consumer behaviors?
- Fund raising environment – who are the main sources of inbound capital: institutional investors, family offices, corporate ventures, sovereign wealth funds, multilaterals, funds of funds;
- Outbound investment destinations – which geographies have the highest potential for Swiss PE firms and their portfolio companies in EU, Americas, Asia Pacific, Africa, Middle East?