Ljubljana, Slovenia - Managers’ salaries in multinational companies depend on the industry, the company’s performance and the success of the employees.
The Executive Search firm Pedersen & Partners notes that the annual gross salary of a Chief Financial Officer in Central and Eastern Europe can average 100 thousand Euros, with up to 20 thousand more in bonuses.
In addition to the basic salary, managers in multinational companies can earn bonuses of up to a third of their basic salary, explains Conrad Pramböck from Pedersen & Partners. He emphasizes that the differences in salaries between industries can be immense.
The highest bonuses are paid by technology companies
Matej Mrak, Country Manager for Slovenia at Pedersen & Partners, notes that the salaries of the managers vary between different industries, and are also dependent on profit. He explains that a Sales Director in consumer goods, who leads a team and has around 30 million Euros in revenues, earns an annual gross salary of 65 to 75 thousand Euros, plus bonuses of up to a fifth of the salary.
Commercial Directors in some small pharmaceutical companies earn more, between 80 and 90 thousand Euros gross, Mrak explains. Again, they earn bonuses of up to a fifth of their salaries. In the technology industry, Sales Directors responsible for business sectors earn similar salaries but higher bonuses, up to 40% of base salary. “If a company is performing well, Sales Managers in this industry annually earn up to 150 thousand Euros gross, which is almost impossible in any other industry,” Mrak adds.
The average annual salaries for executives in Central and Eastern Europe according to the Executive Search firm Pedersen & Partners:
- Executive Director - basic salary from 100 to 120 thousand Euros, bonuses of 20 to 30% of basic salary;
- Financial Director - basic salary from 70 to 100 thousand Euros, bonuses of 15 to 20% of basic salary;
- Sales Director - basic salary from 70 to 100 thousand Euros, bonuses of 20 to 30% of basic salary;
- Development Director and Director of Production - basic salary from 60 to 80 thousand Euros, bonuses of 15 to 20% of basic salary;
- Marketing Director - basic salary from 50 to 80 thousand Euros, bonuses of 10 to 15% of basic salary;
- Product Manager - basic salary from 40 to 60 thousand Euros, bonuses of 5 to 15% of basic salary.