‘India Connect’ Business Breakfast organised by Pedersen & Partners France
Paris, France – Following the “India Connect” event organised by Pedersen & Partners Executive Search on September 5, 2019, we bring you the key insights from the business breakfast event.
- India remains an oasis of growth within a slowing global outlook (+7%) with strong demand in sectors such as Infrastructure Development, Consumer Goods, Pharma, Transport, Logistics, Energy, Renewable Energy, Waste Management, and Water Sanitation.
- A major potential success factor for a foreign company in India is an appetite for investing a large pool of capital over a long period of time. Investors need to be resilient and ready to overcome different challenges and difficulties.
- It is now more efficient for a foreign investor to go on the Indian market directly rather than through a partner (except for industries linked to the government or regulated businesses). Today, a company can invest in India independently, and most of the time an Indian partner is not mandatory.
- Finding the right partner in India and managing the partnership has proven to be challenging. It’s important to secure equal representation at board and stakeholder level, and at the same time, setting the right expectations at headquarters level is paramount.
- The government-supported “Ease of doing business in India” initiative should be a game changer, and work is under progress (27 state banks will merge into 10 banks).
- Employment is high on the political agenda. India has the great advantage of a young and well-educated population. The current right-wing government is inclined to invite a lot of foreign direct investment, particularly in such sectors as manufacturing, which can provide employment opportunities.
- This is a good time to invest in India, as it’s easier to set up a fully owned business.
If you missed the event or if you have any questions, please contact: Avneesh Raghuvanshi, Country Manager for India at Pedersen & Partners.
Avneesh Raghuvanshi is the Country Manager for India and APAC Head of the Private Equity Practice at Pedersen & Partners. He has more than 20 years of experience in the Executive Search industry, specialising in CxO level searches and has completed assignments across Financial Services, Private Equity and Venture Funds and their portfolio companies in multiple sectors and functions. Prior to re-joining the firm, he worked as the Director of Talent Acquisition at Damac Properties in Dubai. Throughout his career, Mr. Raghuvanshi successfully helped international Executive Search firms set up and develop their operations in India, in New Delhi, Mumbai and Bangalore. His assignments have also included working for a Hong Kong-based international search firm specialising in Financial Services, having set up their branch in Mumbai. Before joining Pedersen & Partners in 2010, Mr. Raghuvanshi was a Partner at an Indian Executive Search firm. Mr. Raghuvanshi speaks fluent English and Hindi.
Laurence Maheo is the Country Manager for France at Pedersen & Partners. Ms. Maheo brings nearly 20 years of strong Executive Search experience, completing international board and C-level assignments within the Technology and Private Equity sectors across Europe, MEA and North American markets. Ms. Maheo has held senior roles with major international search firms, on the ground in the US and France. Prior to joining Pedersen & Partners, Ms. Maheo was a Partner with an international Executive Search firm with a strong focus on the Digital, Technology, Media, and Telecommunications sectors as well as Professional Services and Private Equity practices. Before entering the industry, she built her career with Tetra Pak as a Marketing & Sales Manager. Ms. Maheo holds a Master’s degree in International Trade from the Institut Supérieur de Commerce International de Dunkerque (ISCID). She speaks native French and fluent English and Spanish.
Pedersen & Partners is a leading international Executive Search firm. We operate 57 wholly owned offices in 53 countries across Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia & the Americas. Our values Trust, Relationship and Professionalism apply to our interaction with clients as well as executives. More information about Pedersen & Partners is available at www.pedersenandpartners.com.
If you would like to conduct an interview with a representative of Pedersen & Partners, or have other media-related requests, please contact: Diana Danu, Marketing and Communications Manager at: email@example.com